In this episode, we take a look into a common way mental health issues manifest in business school students, and some strategies for how to deal with it.
First, Business Beyond Usual Producers Marjace Miles and Adam Fasher are joined by fellow students to share stories about how they’ve approached managing their own mental health during their Ross MBA.
Then, Marjace and Adam will talk with Dr. Ariana Tart-Zelvin, a post-doctoral fellow and neuropsychology expert from the Prechter Bipolar Research Program at the University of Michigan; and Julie Kaplan, a counselor from Counseling and Psychological Services, dedicated to Michigan Ross. They’ll discuss the history of impostor syndrome and mental health management among high-performing/high-achieving individuals and the resources available on the University of Michigan’s campus to support students.
Read more about mental health awareness programs at Michigan Ross:
More about CAPS - https://caps.umich.edu
Learn more about our sponsors for this episode:
Mind Matters - Contactmindmatters@umich.edu
Business Beyond Usual is brought to you by the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
- Episode Host: Marjace Miles and Adam Fasher
- Guests: Madeleine Carnemark, Christopher Owen, Ariana Tart-Zelvin, Julie Kaplan
- Executive Producers: Sheela Lal, Marjace Miles, Christopher Ankney, and for this episode: Adam Fasher
- Producers: Jamell Culler, Adam Fasher, Charles Grant, Leslie Chang, Andres Fuentes-Afflick, Dillon Cory, Jason Rock, and Stephanie Simpson
- Audio Engineer: Jonah Brockman
Copyright 2018 - University of Michigan