From resumés and admissions essays to recommendation letters and interviews, the application process for MBA programs is a gauntlet. There’s a lot of advice out there about how to navigate it and put your best foot forward, but the real experts are the ones making the final decisions. So in this episode, we ask those very experts the questions that really matter.
Leslie Chang sits down with the leaders of the MBA admissions committee at Michigan Ross to take a deep dive into the MBA application. They have an open and honest discussion about what stands out in applications (the good and the bad), and how the best thing you can do in your app materials is perhaps the most controversial thing of all: Be vulnerable and tell the truth.
Links from this episode: Connect with a student ambassador at Michigan
Business Beyond Usual is brought to you by the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
- Episode Host: Leslie Chang
- Guests: Soojin Kwon, Diana Economy, Sheela Lal, Adam Fasher, Kelsey Trembath, Reema Shihadeh
- Executive Producers: Sheela Lal, Marjace Miles, Christopher Ankney, and for this episode: Leslie Chang
- Producers: Jamell Culler, Adam Fasher, Charles Grant, Leslie Chang, Andres Fuentes-Afflick, Dillon Cory, Jason Rock, and Stephanie Simpson
- Audio Engineer: Jonah Brockman
Copyright 2018 - University of Michigan